Saturday 26 November 2011

Starting a Blog

When I began my new art website The Art of Faye Hall, my webdesigner, Jeff Lukin, assured me that I should have a blog, and that one day I would have something to say. I couldn't imagine what that would be. I was a newbie as a professional painter, and did not know what God had in store for me.

As time went on, I discovered that God was beginning to use my art to encourage others, and I could write about it on my main website. But much of what I learned was far too personal to put on a public website that is meant to look professional and further my painting career. I feel that He is telling me to put my personal thoughts down in a blog. I called my blog "Faye's Feedback", because I was looking for a term that would emphasize that I am a constant learner, who is willing to regurgitate what I've learned and discovered through life experiences and reading.

One of my greatest learning sources is my job as administrative assistant/concert producer in the office of Signpost Music, which is the indie record label for Christian singer/songwriter Steve Bell, here in Winnipeg. I have now been there almost five years, and boy, have my eyes been opened to the struggle of a Christian artist in the music industry. There's a lot to write about on that topic alone.

Since I've jump-started my own painting career as a sideline, my eyelids have been stretched further (I laugh as I visualize this), there is even more to write about.

Sooo....for now it suffices to say that I am going to be talking mainly about my growth as a believer, from a perspective of a person working daily in the music and visual art industry. Some of this journey is already chronicled in my blogs on my website at http://www.fayehall.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment