Saturday 10 November 2012

A Painting Story...

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I had been away at a refreshing weekend in Minneapolis for a conference called "Women of Faith". My husband called me on Saturday night to let me know that my pregnant daughter, Cherie, was in the hospital, and had been induced. I spent Sunday on the long drive home with my companions Jen Werner and Courtney Perez. We almost lost our way a couple of times, making wrong turn-offs - distracted with conversation and storytelling. Both girls were growing excited, in anticipation of finding out if my daughter had had her baby while we were traveling.

The sunset that evening was spectacular - so I took many photos from the moving car, and Jen even stopped the car for a few minutes to snap a few more.

At one point, Jen said that the sunset looked like a "crescendo", and I told her that if I painted it, I would give it that name in her honour.

Here it is, Jen!!

The weekend ended with a crescendo - Cherie had her baby girl on Monday, Oct.22nd - one day past her Grandad's birthday. 

On the same day as I painted Crescendo, I also finished a mother and child portrait called Safe Here in Your Arms. The title comes from a song I was listening to as I finished the painting: "In Your Arms" by Neworldson.


No comments:

Post a Comment