Thursday 6 December 2012

May you always feel HIS kiss upon your cheek

Today I received HIS kiss upon my cheek - TWICE!

Around the Christmas season I always feel down, not just because I dread the holiday, but because it is especially busy and stressful at work as well.

On the dreary drive home, I was feeling very sorry for myself and half-listening to the radio, when suddenly the next song was a very familiar tune and voice. It was the beautiful tenor voice of Steve Bell (my boss) singing the Magnificat, one of the most beautiful pieces from his first Christmas album, The Feast of Seasons.
As he sang about how Holy our God is, the tears started coming, reminding me of the reasons why I do what I do.

The second "kiss" came unexpectedly from my friend Moe from the House of Hesed, who sent me a very encouraging email (right out of the blue)! She has a ministry working with people struggling with AIDS.

"The Gladdening" is a piece that I painted as a result of emerging from another period of  emotional turmoil.

God bless you all as you wrestle with the frustrations of the Christmas Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment