Wednesday 28 June 2023


 Day 32 of my Griefshare emails said, "You Can't Stay Here." It refers to the fact that one can't stay wallowing in grief, but must move forward in life. 

Philippians 3:14 says, "the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." That is who I depend upon day by day.

So I am moving forward. I enjoy my job with Steve Bell's ministry, so that's a given. I have also been asked to take a part in a Mennonite Theatre play called "Wherever You May Be," which will be shown in July in Steinbach, and then again in Winnipeg in the fall. I will be sure to notify anyone interested.

When my husband died, I had just completed the first phase of my autobiography, which would never have been done without the online seminar with Wilma Derksen, which is available on her website, wilmaderksen.com. I am continuing a second version of the autobiography to include many of my paintings, telling my life story illustrated by my art.

I am also painting a bit - one painting you see here, which is called "The Dream." It started with an inspiration that appeared in a dream and is finished as a unique abstract, and will be shown at The Cre8ery gallery in the fall.

I have rarely been successful in painting people I love. But I am showing a little portrait of Darrell here. It was hidden away for years, because I thought it didn't turn out, but Darrell himself found it and had it displayed on his office wall in his last months. What the portrait does show is his lovely smile of love as he looked at me. It also shows that it was painted with love. I will always cherish it.



No comments:

Post a Comment