Wednesday 26 April 2023

 I had my first encounter with a coyote the other day, while on my early morning walk. I use walking sticks for the purpose of both support and protection on these solitary occasions.

When I saw the coyote, I decided to turn around and head home, but he started to follow me. My only solution was to confront him and scare him away. The sticks were handy to raise and wave around, and when I banged them together, he turned and ran in the opposite direction.

Grief is a predator, just like a coyote. You never know when you will encounter him following you and giving you a scare. I went for several days feeling much better, and then went to a memorial for a dear friend, Byron O'Donnell. The inspiring music at the memorial reminded me so much of both Darrell and Byron, I found myself in tears once again.

The date turned out to be exactly two months since my husband's death date. I never know what reminder will set me off in tears, but what I do know is that it is something that I will just have to work through, one day at a time.

This painting, "Could Have" was created in honour of Byron one day when he was feeling devastated after being rejected by an adored lady friend.



No comments:

Post a Comment